Thursday, October 29, 2015

Lust & Lies by Casandra Charles




Title: The Jamie Reynolds Chronicles: Lust and Lies
Author: Casandra Charles
Genre: African-American/urban romance and drama




JR was young, single, making money, enjoying life and on top of her game as a successful event
manager in Atlanta, Georgia. After graduating from Clark Atlanta University, she focused most of
her life on her career, driven by the need to prove herself while working in a men’s field. Atlanta
was all about keeping up with the Joneses and JR knew just how to do it. After seven years in
Atlanta, she abruptly moved back to New York to be with her family when her dad had a neardeath
experience. During her move, she met Toni, a single, blue-collar, strong-minded guy who
quickly swept her off her feet with his lies.

Love was never on her mind, but Toni was different (she thought). Even though they were at two
different places in life, JR let her guard down and welcomed him in. After only a few months of
their long-distance relationship, things started to move really fast, making JR really nervous. Then
the drama began as Toni suddenly moved in with her and she started uncovering the hidden
secrets of the real person.

As JR was coming to terms with the idea of Toni being in her life, she remained torn between him
and her past in Atlanta. A past that included David, her on-again, off-again lover who was
everything JR wanted in a man: well-educated with a successful career, good looks, and the drive
to want more of everything that Toni didn’t have. However, even after two years of dating, their
relationship was like oil and water: they just didn’t mix. As Toni’s real personality was revealed,
David looked more and more like the safe place for JR. When her current situation started to heat
up, JR began wishing she had her old life back.

The Jamie Reynolds Chronicles: Lust and Lies is just the beginning as JR tries to find the right
balance in her life; however, that happy balance is not so easy find, especially when it’s full of
lust and lies.












Good-bye Atlanta and Hello…

“Hey, Jonathan, I just tried to call you.”

“My bad, J, I was outside and left my phones in the house.”

“I hope you’re ready.”

“I’m about to get dressed now.”

“Hurry ya ass up,” I said, sounding crazy.

“Woman, don’t be rushing me.”

The two guys just stood there looking at me. I am not going to sugarcoat my
appearance that day. I had on some old gray sweats, an old LeBron James T-shirt, and
some black Nike flip-flops with white socks on, not to mention my hair was pulled back
into a sloppy ponytail. I was looking a hot mess. Oh well, I thought. I didn’t care; I was
about to be stuck in a car for fourteen hours, driving back home to New York. Besides, I
was never going to see these guys again.

“My bad,” Jonathan tried to apologize.

“Hey, guys, this is Jamie. Jamie, this is my brother Antonio, aka Toni, and his cousin
Billy, aka B,” Jonathan said, trying to make the guys sound cool with akas, as he noticed
they were looking at us as if we were an old married couple.

“Hey,” I said to both of them as I walked into the house.

“I’m about to get dressed now, Jamie. Give me a sec,” he yelled as he ran upstairs to
the bathroom.

“You good. I’m just going to make myself comfortable,” I said under my breath.

“Damn, I hate guy houses; they never have any food in them.” Just as I said that
Jonathan’s brother, Antonio, walked into the kitchen.

“What did you say?”

“I said guys never have any food in their house.” I was bold as hell and that was my
first time in their house, but I didn’t care.“We got things to eat. What do you want?” Antonio said, trying to defend the men’s honor.

“I don’t know. You guys have bagels with no cream cheese, cereal with no milk, no
bread, no sandwich meat, nothing.”

“Look, man, I got this. I’ll make you something to eat.”

“For real… okay. What you going to make me?” I asked, sounding surprised he
offered to make me breakfast.

“I said I got this,” Antonio said while looking in the refrigerator.

“My bad,” I said as I began to walk out of the kitchen and into the living room, to give
him some room. “I heard a lot about you, Mr. Antonio, or should I say Toni.”

He looked up from behind the cabinet with a dumb look on his face. “Oh really?”

“Don’t get your hopes up; they weren’t all that good…” I really didn’t know him to
come at him like that, and besides, he had a disappointed look on his face. “I’m just
kidding,” I said really fast, trying to pretend that I was playing, but really, I wasn’t. 





Originally from Brooklyn, New York, with parents from Trinidad and Tobago, Casandra currently
lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico, with her husband and two dogs. Casandra graduated college
with a BA degree in Mass Media Arts at Morris Brown College in Atlanta, GA., where she
resided for many years. In 2007, Casandra went back to college to obtain her master's in Adult
Education and currently works as an Online Program Coordinator for a school of natural
medicine.

Casandra always wanted to write a book but hesitated for many years, as she suffers from adult
dyslexia. She never allowed her disability to hold her back on anything, and with the support of
her husband and friends, she finally completed her first book, Jamie Reynolds Chronicles: Lust
and Lies, in 2015.

She is the successful co-owner of Smell the Sunset, LLC, which is an umbrella company for
Creative Encores, LLC, an event planning business, and What's Good USA, a Good News website
that highlights good news from around the United States and her newest adventure author.
Casandra lives by many mottos, but her favorite one is "Live today, Laugh often and Love
always," which is also tattooed on her left arm to remind her every day to Live, Laugh and Love.

Author Links:








No comments:

Post a Comment