Sunday, November 1, 2015
His Kind Of Trouble by Terri L. Austin
Title: His Kind of Trouble
Monica Campbell may have a history as a wild child, but she's changed her ways. She's respectable, responsible-and, most importantly, she's sworn off bad boys. That is, until Callum Hughes roars back into her life with his sexy British accent and killer smile.
Cal remembers every steamy moment he shared with Monica, but he barely recognizes the straight-laced woman she's become. Determined to lure Monica into letting go of her inhibitions, Cal will use every trick he knows to fire her blood and tempt her body...reminding her just how good it can feel to be bad-and his.
My name is Monica Campbell and I’m a reformed wild child. Growing up in Vegas, trouble was easy to find and hard to resist. But these days, I’m a responsible job-holding, tax-paying, tooth-flossing citizen. I don’t dance on tables or sneak off to dive bars. I even had that unfortunate tattoo permanently removed. I’ve changed my ways for good. Most importantly, I’ve sworn off bad boys. I’ve had my fair share of them, believe me, and men who look like trouble usually are. Now I only date serious men with life goals and steady paychecks.
But then Calum Hughes roared into town with his hot British accent and even hotter body. We shared a moment five years ago, a moment I’ve never gotten over. So what’s a girl to do? I’ve tried to steer clear of him, but he’s …amazing. Wait, did I say amazing? I meant persistent. The man won’t leave me alone. Why does he have to be so charming? I can’t quite figure him out, and trust me, I don’t want to. I’m on the wagon where bad boys are concerned, and that especially includes Cal.
As long as I stay out of his orbit, I can focus on my work and not his lopsided grin or his rock hard abs. But he doesn’t play fair. The more I try to avoid him, the more he comes around, asking me to go play and tempting me to return to my wild child ways. That’s not going to happen, do you hear me? I’m over men like Cal. Been there. Done that. And I had that fugly tat to prove it. I’m not reverting back to bad habits.
Yet every time he kisses me or speaks with that deep, scratchy voice, I want to lose myself in him. He makes me miss the uninhibited side of myself. I thought I’d closed that chapter of my life for real this time, but Cal…, maybe I could let a little bit of my wild side poke through. That wouldn’t be so bad, right? After all, it’s not like Cal’s sticking around for good. He never stays in one place for long. He’s a professional drifter.
The question is, can I give in just a tiny bit, and still keep my heart intact? They say there’s a first time for everything.
1. Wear sexy lingerie. You never know when that bad boy might decide to peek under your blouse, and you do not want to be caught in white cotton.
2. Know when to give into temptation. Sometimes, when a man looks that delicious, you can sin all night and make a fresh start in the morning. Kind of like a diet. A sex diet.
3. Drive your man’s car as fast as possible—he won’t like it. Don’t let this dissuade you. After all, it’s not your Mustang on the line, now is it?
4. Get over that fear of public sex. You don’t have to be a complete exhibitionist, but the thrill of almost getting caught adds to the fun.
5. Go ahead and dance on the table. Wild Child motto: no regrets!
6. Be careful with your heart. When you start having feelings, it gets real. So don’t, I repeat, don’t fall in love, no matter how tempting he is. Trust me on this one.
As a girl, Terri L. Austin thought she’d outgrow dreaming up stories and creating imaginary friends. Instead, she’s made a career of it. Now she writes steamy contemporary romance and mysteries. She met her own Prince Charming and together they live in Independence, Missouri.