Monday, September 28, 2015

Shifter: City Of Wolves by Avery Burch





Shifter: City of Wolves by Avery Burch  
Publication date: August 3rd 2015 
Genres: Adult, Paranormal Romance 


Synopsis

He'll risk anything to be inside me. I'm his fated mate.  

Lyla:  

What the hell am I thinking? I can't fall for a wolf. He's a criminal and an outcast. I'm an elite. If we get caught, they'll destroy us. I'll be disgraced. He'll be tortured and killed. But his wolf instinct has locked on me. He says I'm his fated mate. And every time we're alone together, he melts my heart ... and makes me so wet I'll risk anything to feel him throb inside me.  

Zac:  

Everything they told me about fated mates is true. And that means I'm in a lot of trouble. I'm risking everything. As a shifter, I'm used to living on the edge. The regime wants me dead. But now it's so much more complicated. I'm obsessed with this girl. I can't get her out of my mind. I need to devour her, body and soul. I know I should resist, for her sake as much as my own, but I physically can't. My wolf lust has locked onto her. There's no way we get out of this alive, but one night inside her will be worth any punishment. 



Buy the Book



Excerpt

Zac looked out the window of the train. It moved along a raised track above the abandoned streets of Brooklyn. He could see the Manhattan skyline beyond the rooftops.
“I see it, Jason. I see it.” Jason looked out at the vast city a little more apprehensively than his friend. Even in the morning light it looked sinister to him. “Wolf City, they call it.”
“New York City is what they call it. The Big Apple. The City That Never Sleeps.”
“I’m glad you’re so excited.”
“Excited? Aren’t you? We made it. We finally made it.”
Jason looked at Zac and couldn’t stop the smile that crossed his face. His enthusiasm was infectious. Jason had never known anyone so willing to embrace the world, even with all the awful things he had seen, as Zac Carter. Zac looked at New York and was filled with awe. Jason was filled with dread.
Zac gathered his meager belongings and threw them into his pack. He wanted to be ready for their arrival, to hit the ground running.
And then they heard the voice they’d been dreading for the entire trip. “Tickets, please.” A conductor was making his way down the aisle, checking the exhausted passengers who shared their car.
Zac turned to Jason, the corner of his mouth raised in his distinctive way, and shrugged. They’d both known this moment would come. They grabbed their packs and musical instruments, a guitar and a drum, and hurried toward the far end of the car.
“Hey, you two, tickets.” “Run,” Zac shouted.
They never looked back. They ran to the door, twisted the steel latch, and rushed through. Jason slammed it behind them. They moved up the narrow aisle of the next car, and the next. Everyone they passed knew what they were doing. Some cheered them on. One, a teenager a few years younger than them, got up from his seat and followed.
“Conductor coming?” he said. Zac looked him over. It was obvious the scruffy kid didn’t have a ticket either. “Yeah.” The kid looked and saw the conductor, way back, tripping over bags and legs. He was only half trying to catch them. The train company didn’t pay him enough to go any faster.
“Can I join you?”
Zac shrugged. The three of them stuck together along the length of the train until they reached the dining car. They couldn’t go any farther. The dining car was for elites only. A crystal chandelier hung above the aisle and glittering silverware sat on crisp, white tablecloths. A few diners looked up at them.
“Can I help you, gentlemen?” a well-dressed waiter said, blocking their passage.
Zac looked back through the car they’d just left. The conductor was nowhere in sight.
“What’s the next stop?” he said to the waiter. “The Brooklyn Bridge Processing Center.” “Processing Center?”
The waiter nodded. “You didn’t think they let just anyone onto Manhattan, did you?”




Meet the Author

Avery Burch is a hot new paranormal romance author and her series, Shifter: City of Wolves is going to have a huge impact. She writes chilling tales of shifters and heart-wrenching stories of love and lust. If you like your romance spicy, your shifters sexy, your love stories intense, and your heroines passionate, then her books are for you. 

She lives in Toronto, Canada. 

Author Links:




No comments:

Post a Comment