Thursday, September 24, 2015

Wildfire (Everealm #2) by J.D.W.






Wildfire (Everealm #2)
by J.D.W.
Release Date: 9/1/15


Synopsis ~

The journey through Everealm continues as new evil arrives, casting mayhem about the realm.
While war and wildfire are causing disorder, Bree and Rowan find that assistance from the
fairies isn't what they imagined. As Dagan and Sidonie seek answers to uncover the truth about
her family and her magic, they are plagued with even more mystery to unveil. As the wildfire
burns, who will be left standing in the ashes?




Buy Links ~




Excerpt ~

Dyna had just ladled a second bowl of stew from the large pot when she heard a voice coming from the other side of the tall log fence.
“Do you hear that?” she said.
“Hear what?” Iona replied from beside her.
“Listen,” Dyna said, pointing. “It’s coming from other there.”
After investigating the noise, Dyna walked over to Adelphie’s hut and threw back the animal hide draped over the doorway.
“Adelphie, there is something you need to see.”
“What is it?” Adelphie replied without bothering to look up from her stew.
“It’s the most frightening thing I have ever witnessed.”
“I highly doubt that,” Adelphie said. In Dyna’s pessimistic mind, everything was terrible and frightening. “Can it wait until I finish my supper?”
“Probably,” Dyna replied. Then she picked up Adelphie’s bow and started to nock an arrow.
“But if I have to hear it much longer I will put him out of his misery, myself.”
“Him?” Now Adelphie was curious. She took the bow from Dyna and sat it back down then followed her out of the hut. She heard his voice the moment she passed through the gate. As she got closer, she saw him.“Finnley, what are you doing here? Better yet, why are you in a tree?” she asked.
“Being bold and courageous,” Finn said, grinning. He hoped humor would ease the embarrassment and regret that he was already feeling.
“More like ridiculous and bizarre,” Dyna murmured after walking up behind Adelphie.
“I think it’s romantic!” Iona said, swooning.
“Hello ladies,” Finn said. “I’m here to--“
“We know why you’re here,” Dyna said, flatly. “What took you so long? We’ve had to hear her go on and on about your fire hair for weeks now.”
She was right about Finn’s bright red hair. It stood out even more since he chose a dark red jacket to wear over his ivory shirt. He had borrowed from Reeve’s wardrobe for this occasion, trying to look more casual than his usual attire. He attempted to wear Rowan’s clothes, but almost every piece was the color black. Thankfully, Reeve’s wardrobe had more variety. Finn knew these women would not be impressed with fine clothes.
“Have you been talking about me?” He grinned and couldn’t help but feel a bit of satisfaction at seeing Adelphie blushing. She was also wearing red today. Her thin dress barely covered her body but she still wore a thick fur collar. Her blonde hair was braided back from her face on one side, just the same way it was on the first day that they met in Junacave.
“I’m surprised to see you climb a tree,” Adelphie teased. “Aren’t you worried that you may scratch your perfect hands?”
“Only a little. But if I do, I’m sure I can find someone to coddle me.”
“I may vomit,” Dyna said, smirking.
“Is it safe for me to come down? Do I have your word that she won’t attack?” Finn asked.
“I can’t make promises.”

In The Series ~


Everealm: Book One of the Everealm Series


Breestlin cannot escape her destiny to become ruler of her father's kingdom, but she never planned to become queen at twenty-three years of age. Upon the return of her first love, Rowan, Bree must quickly learn how to adapt to both her new responsibilities as a ruler and her inability to suppress her feelings for Rowan. To make matters more difficult, her outcast uncle, Silas, will stop at nothing to get what he desires, putting lives and the kingdom in danger. Bree must seek the assistance of the wizard, Dagan, who in a twist of fate discovers much more about his family (and himself) than he could ever imagine in this steamy love story, full of mystery and romance... 

Danger awaits, as we journey through Everealm, the first book of the Everealm Series. 

Adult content. Intended for mature audiences.




Giveaway ~







Meet the Author ~

Writing has always been a hobby of mine, beginning as a young child. It was a way to cope withlosing my father at seven years of age. I started with poetry and was featured several times on the
amazing poetry blog, Autumn Leaves, by Sondra Ball. My love for poetry soon led to writing
songs in middle school and beyond, which I still do occasionally. Music has always been an
important part of my existence, so writing songs came naturally to me. In high school, I started
my own novel, however, life got in the way and I never finished it.

Fast forward many years later and I find myself married with three children, absorbed in my busy
life with commitments to my family, work, school, church, and charities, among other things.
One day I came across my old binder, with notes from my first novel, and it was with those notes
that I conjured up the elusive Everealm.

I write to please readers such as myself, who have a love for fantasy and romance, but like a little
danger and sex in their reading. I wrote the book with a mature audience in mind, who can
appreciate a hearty imaginary world with magic and the unknown, but want more than fluffy love
stories with wizards in them. They want the romance, magic, and danger, all wrapped into one.

Author Links:





1 comment: